Sunday, June 8, 2008

Wise words...


Night, the beloved. Night, when words fade and things come alive. When the destructive analysis of day is done, and all that is truly important becomes whole and sound again. When man reassembles his fragmentary self and grows with the calm of a tree.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery


You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery


A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
Honore de Balzac


It is easier to be a lover than a husband for the simple reason that it is more difficult to be witty every day than to say pretty things from time to time.
Honore de Balzac

The art of motherhood involves much silent, unobtrusive self-denial, an hourly devotion which finds no detail too minute.
Honore De Balzac


A mother who is really a mother is never free.
Honore de Balzac

4 comments:

Maia said...

I love Saint-Exupery to distraction.
Wonderful Balzac quote, too. My husband is witty every day. That's one of the reasons he makes such a good husband.

mama d said...

Oooooh, I've been thinking about Saint-Exupery lately ... about the importance of roses.

rochambeau said...

So glad you posted these Yoli. These are all thought provoking. I know not much about Antoine de Saint Exupery and Honore de Balzac. It will be a new mission for me.

The art of motherhood involves much silent, unobtrusive self-denial, an hourly devotion which finds no detail too minute.

This one touches me particularly even though I will never be a mother.

xo
Happy Day!
Constance

FishermansDaughter said...

The being responsible forever for what you have tamed is one of my all time favorite quotes - and too so true. Thanks for reminding me.