Friday, December 26, 2008

Choices


You are the person who has to decide. Whether you'll do it or toss it aside; you are the person who makes up your mind. Whether you'll lead or will linger behind. Whether you'll try for the goal that's afar. Or just be contented to stay where you are. ~Edgar A. Guest

Choices are the hinges of destiny. ~Attributed to both Edwin Markham and Pythagoras

Consider what you think justice requires, and decide accordingly. But never give your reasons; for your judgment will probably be right, but your reasons will certainly be wrong. ~Lord Mansfield

The hardest thing to learn in life is which bridge to cross and which to burn. ~David Russell

We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them. ~Kahlil Gibran

11 comments:

Maithri said...

Beautiful words my friend,

I needed to read this at this moment...

Every moments a choice...

A chance
to get it right ;)

Love and joy dear friend,

M

Maia said...

My grandfather was a great follower of KG. But I think you know that.

I was always the follower...until I woke up one day and discovered that I was forging my own path. Never assume you know yourself.

Jeanne said...

I love your quotes and your journal
Blessings

FishermansDaughter said...

"There is no spoon."
Namaste sweet Yoli.

kitchu said...

ah Kahlil... found him at age 14 and never do i tire of him...

Gill said...

You are always pointing the way with your wisdom Yoli.
I love coming here to read your beautiful blog. You always post the right words with the most gorgeous images.
Much love for you today my friend! Kiss those kids for me!~!!
xoxo

Gabby said...

Great and simple. Perfect. Thanks.
Much metta. Gabby

robin laws said...

i have been all over tarnation from your blog yoli...visting this one being introduced to that one, getting mesmerized over at shorpys.. i always for get about that place and then get amazed all over again at those images!
this post about making choices.... is as always meant to make me think. and it does. i often andm not happy about my choices. i like that one quote i recently had on my blog...it says something important about what i need to practice more:
"every time we choose safety, we reinforce fear..."

choices, it's all about the choices as your photo and that movie so perfectly depicts!

happiest of holidays in the sun my dear yoli!
XO

Elizabeth said...

"We choose our joys and sorrows long before we experience them. ~Kahlil Gibran "

Love this.
So true.

Samosas for One said...

Hi Yoli: I gave you two blog awards on my site. Come see!

Samosas for One said...

Are you kidding? You totally deserve the awards. Your blog is beautiful.