Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Beauty

I am a typed director. If I made Cinderella, the audience would immediately be looking for a body in the coach. ~Alfred Hitchcock
Do I love you because you're beautiful,
Or are you beautiful because I love you?
~Richard Rodgers and Oscar Hammerstein II, Cinderella

I hope you have lost your good looks, for while they last any fool can adore you, and the adoration of fools is bad for the soul. No, give me a ruined complexion and a lost figure and sixteen chins on a farmyard of Crow's feet and an obvious wig. Then you shall see me coming out strong. ~George Bernard Shaw, to Mrs. Patrick Campbell

I'm tired of all this nonsense about beauty being only skin-deep. That's deep enough. What do you want - an adorable pancreas? ~Jean Kerr, The Snake Has All the Lines

5 comments:

A Cuban In London said...

I had to laugh at Hitchcock's quote. Yes, he was right. Many thanks for such a fun post.

Greetings from London.

rochambeau said...

Thank you for a lovely post.
Your never too young to work on inside beauty, don't you think?

xox
hugs, Sacred Yoli!
Constance

Unseen India Tours said...

The quote is damn fantastic and lovely !! Really loved the photographs too..Great Post..Do check my another blog also i.e.Unseen Rajasthan

Lonnie Hanzon said...

The first shot MUST be a Linda Fargo window - Yes?

Maia said...

I have a lot to catch up on here, since i've been underground (well, effectively) for a week.

That GB Shaw quote fells me. I adore that man.