Monday, August 3, 2009

In the Luxembourg Gardens 1879 by John Singer Sargent

Six years ago today, my husband asked my father for my hand in marriage. A sentimental and respectful gesture that I treasured. It speaks to the kind of man he is and of the love we share.

To My Dear and Loving Husband
by Anne Bradstreet

If ever two were one, then surely we.
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;
If ever wife was happy in a man,
Compare with me ye women if you can.
I prize thy love more than whole mines of gold,
Or all the riches that the East doth hold.
My love is such that rivers cannot quench,
Nor ought but love from thee give recompense.
Thy love is such I can no way repay;
The heavens reward thee manifold, I pray.
Then while we live, in love let's so persever,
That when we live no more we may live ever.

10 comments:

Samosas for One said...

Happy Anniversary!

Pamela Terry and Edward said...

All the best of wishes for many more happy years together!!

Samosas for One said...

I actually haven't been posting that much. Just started to again. I've noticed sometimes that my blog doesn't update in your Blogroll, but maybe because I write late at night...by the time you see it in the morning it may be further down the blogroll because it organizes them based on last updated time and you read lots of blogs so there are many there updating more frequently than I do.

Check out the video I just posted on my blog. It is awesome! How is the adoption going?

mama d said...

beautiful.

natsumi said...

oh, this is a beautiful post. Happy Anniversary!
Thank you for sharing your story. oxox

Maithri said...

I just love the way you express yourself my friend,

They way you frame your experience with such poetry, such tenderness and grace,

You are a force of light in this world,

Much love, Maithri

FishermansDaughter said...

So, SO happy for you both. Felicidades!! :)

Renee said...

Yoli this is lovely.

Yoli I am an Aries which would make us the best of friends.

Love Renee xoxo

Isabel said...

Happy anniversary! Great bradstreet's choice :)

robin laws said...

that is a beautiful bit of you to share with us yoli! i love that! my own daughter has a very romantic courting experience and ultimate proposal. the sargent...wow!
XO