Thursday, March 24, 2011

Red



Image source from start a fire.

"You'd find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair," said Anne reproachfully. "People who haven't red hair don't know what trouble is." -Anne Shirley speaking to her guardian Marilla in 'Anne of Green Gables' "I would always hesitate to recommend as a life's companion a young lady with quite such a vivid shade of red hair. Red hair, sir, in my opinion, is dangerous." -By Jeeves in 'Very Good, Jeeves' "If I stand here, I can see the Little Red Haired girl when she comes out of her house... Of course, if she sees me peeking around this tree, she'll think I'm the dumbest person in the world... But if I don't peek around the tree, I'll never see her... Which means I probably AM the dumbest person in the world... which explains why I'm standing in a batch of poison oak."— Charles M. Schulz "OH, SHE HAS RED HAIR! -- Turn up your nose at red heads! What ignorance! I pity your lack of taste. Why, man, red is the natural color of beauty! What is there that is really beautiful or grand in Nature or Art that is not tinted with this primordial color?" -Mark Twain from essay in 'Hannibal Daily Journal,' 05/13/1853.

4 comments:

thwany said...

red hair is sexy

Kenza said...

Oh this is fun! I love your new heading. Sensacional! Besos para este fin de semana (oh and I forgot to say 1'000 thanks for the lovely comment you left in Farsi. I was really touched).

Dutchbaby said...

The link to your image appears to be broken, but I love all the red quotes, especially the Ann of Green Gables one.

Amanda Summer said...

i love all these quotes~esp mark twain's.

my niece has the most gorgeous red hair i've ever seen (lucky her!) - there is something very special about a true redhead~