Monday, November 21, 2011





This Mandala was being created when we visited District 798. The monks meticulously created this work of art and later destroyed it, illustrating the impermanence of life.

"I had to abandon the idea of the superordinate position of the ego. ... I saw that everything, all paths I had been following, all steps I had taken, were leading back to a single point -- namely, to the mid-point. It became increasingly plain to me that the mandala is the centre. It is the exponent of all paths. It is the path to the centre, to individuation.
... I knew that in finding the mandala as an expression of the self I had attained what was for me the ultimate."
- C. G. Jung. Memories, Dreams, Reflections.

6 comments:

Make it Easy said...

hiii Yoli! welcome back from China! looks like you had a great time! cant wait to continue to see your photos and experiences!

this mandala looks sooo meticulous to create.. its so big and mathematical! but beautiful none the less!

:-D

alliot + iza said...

The artwork is spectacular. The message is reflective.
And, your images are powerful. It's always moving to see artists concentrating in creating their works.
Dear Yoli, thanks so much for sharing. These are treasures.

Kenza said...

The mandala of life! These photos are incredible! Did you take them? beautiful just beautiful...

Jeanne said...

Beautiful
I love all you share

Jeanne

Yoli said...

Thank you, it was gorgeous and the monks so caring with the children. And yes, I took the pictures, I got lucky, I am a terrible photographer.

Yanyan said...

WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!! I love this post, and miss you loads!!